JOB DESCRIPTION GENERAL MANAGER GERMANY
It is an exciting time to join the Rocycle team. We are looking for a passionate, entrepreneurial individual to be our main person in Germany. The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of responsibility, good business acumen and knowledge of the local business environment, operations and people skills.
You will be responsible for the day to day operations in Germany, including all managerial activities to achieve and support growth and company goals. This includes planning, organizing, leading and controlling the team and business initiatives in Germany. You will hire and work closely with the local studio managers and Heads of Department. You will report directly to the COO.
- Build a stable and healthy operational structured organization
- Oversee the opening and running of the German studios, starting with 4 studio openings
- Develop new business and ensure profitability
- Improve operational processes and cost performance
- Selecting and managing the relationship with studio suppliers and partners
- Manage overall operations, including customer service, maintenance, cleaning, logistics and technical support
- Collect insights on the performance per studio to determine and implement tools and processes to deliver excellence and consistency in customer service
- Monitor and analyse studio performance with respect to sales and costs. Advise teams to reach higher margins of profitability
- Maintain landlord, insurance, regulatory authority relationships
- Decide on team capacity needs and recruitment strategy by effective forecasting and planning
- Visit studios monthly to connect with teams and managers in person and to ensure that all studios meet brand standards, safety and health regulations
- Actively guide, train and coach managers by conducting monthly and yearly feedback sessions
- Collaborate with other departments, including marketing team for the planning of events and other brand activation initiatives
- Attend and prepare monthly, quarterly meetings
- Prepare reports including customer satisfaction & service results
- Report weekly and monthly on company performance
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- 3-5 years managerial experience
- Familiar with an entrepreneurial and/or start-up environment
- Able to switch between strategic and operational levels
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of local business environment
- Ability to motivate a team and help them succeed
- Experience in hiring and setting up (part time) teams in the German market
- Versatile skill set and ability to work across multiple disciplines e.g. finance, PR, logistics, etc
- Creative problem-solving skills and proven flexibility in fast-changing organization
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both German and English
- Living in Berlin and able to travel for work in Germany and to The Netherlands
What we can offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours and autonomy in making decisions
- Multiple benefits for example partner discounts, free rocycle classes
- Broaden your skill set with access to additional training or workshops
- Being part of a growing international fitness & lifestyle brand
- A happy and healthy work environment
We inspire, challenge and entertain our Rocycle community. We do this by providing them with an uplifting full body and mind high intensity work-out. Motivating them through movement, music and words, getting them fired up for their day. We deliver an experience that adds value to people’s life both mentally and physically.
About the Team
The team (200+ people) consists of dynamic, open-minded individuals all coming from different backgrounds, age groups and countries. We have opportunities for people in our team to join groups that stand up for people in our community. The team also enjoy taking classes at our studios and join in on activities together.
Rocycle is an independent fitness company with a sincere hospitality touch. We have 6 operating studios in The Netherlands and about to expand into Europe with first openings in Germany.
Our classes run all day long – from sunup to after sundown – 7 days a week. Pre Booking available online or in our app. We are a pay as you go studio. We don’t do contracts or hidden fees. You only pay for the classes that you actually use. The studio has everything you could want and need included with every class: cycling shoes, workout towels on your bike or mat, luxurious, hotel-style towels and amenities in the changing rooms, and showers stocked with Zenology’s organic care products.
Please send your CV & motivation letter to our Talent Acquisition Manager, Lyssa Hoogenboom at firstname.lastname@example.org.