JOB DESCRIPTION HEAD COACH (32HRS)
It is an exciting time to join the Rocycle team. We are looking for a performance- and excellence driven individual who wants our riders to get the best possible experience. A natural leader, a teamplayer, who is centered, can stay calm and be decisive, balancing different needs of the people and objectives involved.
You need to be organised as you will be responsible for running multiple programs at the same time in different places. Your main responsibility is to get the best performance out of the team. This includes motivating, coaching and training the instructors. In this position you work closely with the Talent Coaches, instructors and studio/programming manager. You will report directly to the Talent Team Manager.
- Responsible for the quality of the workout and the riders experience by getting the best performance possible out of the team
- Get the best performance out of your teams by using and offering the talent coaches all the attributes and tools necessary, such as training facilities, equipment and surveys
- Responsible for training budgets
- Actively guide, train and coach your team by conducting monthly and yearly feedback sessions
- Develop, give and organise training programs to get teams ready for opening
- Give existing teams training to keep them up to date on the newest developments in regards to the workout
- Build successful and high performing teams with a good team morale by organising offside activities
- Organise training sessions and inspirations sessions to help our teams development and add value to the overall team performance
- You will provide instructors support in all areas; personal brand presence, community building and overall professional growth and development
- Collect insight and statistics on the performance per instructor to determine and implement guidance and training to deliver excellence and consistency in riders experience
- Make sure riders are not affected by changes and amends in instructor rotas by effectively assisting the programming managers
- Organise events with Talent Coaches to contribute to a growing community
- Work together with Operations, Management and Branding to:
- Assist with selection on instructor participation in all projects
- Attending, promoting, and helping to execute special event rides or promotions if needed
- Manage milestone and instructor celebration program
- Lead by example and be a true rocycle ambassador
- You need 1-2+ years of experience in coaching/team leadership
- You need 2+ years of experience in project management or a similar role
- A born leader with an approachable and compassionate personality
- Strong communication skills through communicating exactly what is needed
- Organisational skills to set up programs and events in a different places at the same time
- Experience in working with different high performance personalities
- Proven experience of having built successful relationships across multiple teams/department
- Proven experience in giving group trainings, preferable Rocycle
- Ability to multitask and combine administrative tasks with teaching and training
- Familiarity in working with platforms and tools, like Excel, Google Drive, Asana etc
- Able to work with budgets, meet deadlines and planning
- Hands-on, positive and proactive attitude and a creative mind with the ability to suggest improvements
- Must have a flexible schedule and be reachable for emergencies also in weekends and evening hours, with a computer if needed
- Available to travel frequently in The Netherlands and to Germany
What we can offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours and autonomy in making decisions
- Multiple benefits for example partner discounts, free rocycle classes
- Broaden your skill set with access to additional training or workshops
- Being part of a growing international fitness & lifestyle brand
- A happy and healthy work environment
To be the champion of fitness by inspiring, challenging and entertaining our community. We do this by providing them with an uplifting full body and mind high intensity work-out. Motivating them through movement, music and words, getting them fired up for their day. We deliver an experience that adds value to people’s life both mentally and physically.
About the Team
The team (250+ people) consists of dynamic, open-minded individuals all coming from different backgrounds, age groups and countries. We have opportunities for people in our team to join groups that stand up for people in our community. The team also enjoys taking classes at our studios and join in on activities together.
Rocycle is an independent fitness company with a sincere hospitality touch. We have 6 operating studios in The Netherlands and about to expand into Europe with first openings in Germany.
Our classes run all day long – from sunup to after sundown – 7 days a week. Pre Booking available online or in our app. We are a pay as you go studio. We don’t do contracts or hidden fees. You only pay for the classes that you actually use. The studio has everything you could want and need included with every class: cycling shoes, workout towels on your bike or mat, luxurious, hotel-style towels and amenities in the changing rooms, and showers stocked with Zenology’s organic care products.
Please send your motivation and your vision for this role to our Talent Acquisition Manager, Lyssa Hoogenboom at email@example.com.
Deadline: Monday October 12th