Studio Manager at Rocycle Studio Rotterdam.
It is an exciting time to join the Rocycle team. We are currently seeking a passionate, hard-working individual to manage our upcoming Rotterdam studio. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership qualities, is someone who feels good about inspiring others, is entrepreneurial and gets excited about solving matters in a creative way. A love for sports, hospitality and experience in team leadership is key.
The Studio Manager takes full ownership of the studio and is the inspiration and leader of the team. As the Studio Manager, you are responsible for the oversight and day-to-day management of the studio by leading a team of +/- 15 team members. As the face of the studio, you will build relationships with our community. This role reports directly to the Operations Manager.
- Day to day management of operations, sales and administration
- Day to day maintenance and technical support at the studio
- Manage expenses for the studio
- Follow up on incoming leads
- Send out proposals and contracts for private rides and deals
- Ensuring our hospitality and services are of the highest standard
- Form relationships with riders and help grow the community
- Mentor and meet employees regularly to ensure they are happy and progress is being made on projects
- Scheduling & training studio staff
- Hiring & letting go of studio staff
- Actively lead by example during shifts
- Managing studio partner and supplier relationships
- Keep maintenance, studio hygiene and stock up to date
- Review and update operational procedures
- Assist in ad-hoc administration tasks and events
- A strong interest in sport or lifestyle brands
- Passionate about hospitality and people
- A natural leader, that cares for the team
- Proven experience in managing at least 2 years
- Operational experience at least 1 year
- Experience in part time staff recruitment and training is preferable
- Supplier knowledge and network in or near Rotterdam is preferable
- Knowledge of maintenance and repair issues
- Knowledge of booking and planning systems and operational procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (ENG)
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Hands-on and proactive attitude
- Flexible within studio opening hours
- Living in Rotterdam
- Visit Amsterdam 1-3 days per month
About the offer
- A happy and healthy work environment
- Being part of an organisation that is about to expand internationally
- Starting date March 2020
- Being part of a team that inspires and helps people progress
- Free Rocycle rides
- 25 holiday days (40hrs per week)
- Paid phone and travel costs for work
- Pay based on experience and potential € 2300-2800 per month
About the Team
The team (100+ people) consists of dynamic, open-minded individuals all coming from different backgrounds, age groups and countries. We enjoy inspiring one another, spending time at the studio and join Ro’rides together.
Rocycle is a boutique fitness company with a sincere hospitality touch. We’re opening our 6th studio in Rotterdam in April 2019 and are working on the development of our first international location.
Our classes run all day long – from sunup to after sundown – 7 days a week. Pre Booking available online or in our app. We are a pay as you go studio. We don’t do contracts or hidden fees. You only pay for the classes that you actually use. The studio has everything you could want and need included with every class: cycling shoes, workout towels on your bike, luxurious, hotel-style towels in the locker rooms, and showers stocked with Zenology’s organic care products.
Please send your application to Stephanie Gerritsen at firstname.lastname@example.org