A Year To Remember
With 2017 coming to a close, it’s time to reflect on what this year has brought us. For Rocycle it has been an incredible year! We have achieved many milestones, including:
- Hiring and training the 15 most talented instructors in the industry.
- Opening our 2nd studio at the Zuidas with 46 bikes on the 8th of May.
- Winning the award for Most Innovative Fitness Concept 2017 by Women’s Health.
- Welcoming over 70.000 riders in both studios.
- Being able to serve 1.000 riders each day across Amsterdam!
Looking back, I fully enjoyed every minute spent working at Rocycle. As an entrepreneur, you have daily doubts and insecurities about the decisions you make. Whenever I felt these insecurities creeping up, I took my bike and rode to the studio. Watching all the happy riders walking out of the studio, I quickly realized there was little to worry about. We simply needed to focus on what we do best: providing an excellent, unique workout experience.
December is a month to enjoy the Holidays, and I will be doing just that. Coming Christmas and New Year, I will be in Val d’Isere, spending time with family and hitting the slopes.
What’s to come in 2018? Hopefully, we will be announcing a new location very soon. This is one of our main challenges, as this is our key driver to grow! Apart from that, we will continue bringing you the unparalleled workout that’s still a damn good time. As Vogue said, “They made the workout a party.” We have a standard to maintain, and customers deserve the same high quality experience every time they visit us.
I have a lot I’d like to achieve personally, as well as for Rocycle. My New Years’ resolutions are:
- Number one and most important, decrease my carbon footprint. Read more about that subject here.
- From eating once a week meat to no more meat at all.
- Take up a new sport, Padel and to daily meditate for 20-30 minutes.
- Invest a couple of hours per week in volunteer work.
- Quit all social media. (no worries, Rocycle will keep its accounts)
- To be more grateful for what I already have rather than focusing on what I want.
- To shift focus away from feeling good all the time. Pursuing something only underscores the fact that you lack it in the first place. It is absolutely ok to feel bad sometimes. It gives you space to grow and strengthen.
- Together with Roxy and the rest of the team bring Rocycle to a next level.
- To read more! Have some suggestions? I’d love to hear them.
Finally, on behalf of the entire team I wish you a healthy & sweaty 2017!