Because I’m happy!!
There are a lot of holidays this time of year. We just celebrated all the badass ladies in our lives on International Women’s Day, and King’s Day is just around the corner in April. But there’s one holiday to rule them all that happens to be this very Friday: International Day of Happiness. Now, that’s something to smile about!
The feeling of happiness is something we all strive for, no matter our age, gender, religion, race, sexual orientation or nationality. It’s not just a feel-good emotion. In fact, happiness is essential for health and wellbeing. That’s why the UN created this wonderful day all the way back in 2012.
Luckily, almost ten years later, the day persists, and it’s still something to celebrate. This year, International Day of Happiness should to be celebrated by all 7.8 billion people and all 206 nations. With this year’s theme of ‘Happiness For All, Forever’, it’s something surely everyone can get behind.
In order to celebrate this day to its fullest, we are answering the UN’s call to action, joining their 10-step challenge to help achieve global happiness. But we can’t do it alone. So, if you’re ready to spark joy in your own lives and the lives of others, join us. Here are the 10 steps to make the world a happier place.
- #1. Tell everyone. Make sure to wish anyone and everyone a happy International Day of Happiness, whether in person or online. Spread the love!
- #2. Do what makes you happy. You’ll have a hard time being happy if you don’t do what you love. This is your day to do what brings you joy.
- #3. Pledge to create more happiness in the world. Head to the website and sign the pledge. Commitment to happiness is easy.
- #4. Celebrate a happiness month event. Happiness should not be relegated to one day. Find an event that speaks to you and participate.
- #5. Share your happiness with the world. Go online. Use those hashtags. Tell the world what makes you happy.
- #6. Promote the resolutions. Spread the word about the UN resolutions for happiness. First, you’ve got to read them, so brush up!
- #7. Host an event during happiness month. This is the best way to share your joy. Bring your friends (and soon to be new friends) together for a joyful event.
- #8. Advance the global goals. Check out the pledges that are being made to help make the world a better, happier place and get on board. Whether it’s ending hunger or slowing climate change, there’s a cause for everyone.
- #9. Badge in on your channels. Display the International Day of Happiness badge wherever you can, whether it’s at the bottom of your emails or on your website about page.
- #10. Come back on Earth Day. Our happiness is tied to the happiness of the earth. Make her happy, and we’ll be happy too, so get excited to celebrate Earth Day April 22nd.