It happens to the best of us. We’re stressed at work. We fight with our partner. We don’t get into a Saturday morning ride. We start to feel like the world is against us. Nothing is going our way. In short, everything sucks!
But then again, does it really? It’s all too easy to get wrapped up in the struggles of the day and focus on the negative, but really, what good does that do? No good at all.
If you take just a moment to ruminate, you’ll realise you have so many things to be thankful for, so many things that make you truly lucky. Can’t think of any? Here are just a few of the many blessings you have. It’s time to get lucky.
- #1. A strong, healthy body. Of course we all get little aches and pains every now and again, but having steady overall health and a body strong enough to take you through a 45 minute Ro’ride is something you should not take for granted. Remember, not everyone is as lucky as you.
- #2. Friends and family with whom you can share both the ups and the downs. Whether you have a tight knit nuclear family or have built your own family out of dear, close friends, you are very fortunate to have a group of people who care for you and are there for you. They’ll be there to share your triumphs and console you on your failures. They just make life a little bit easier.
- #3. A positive, supportive community. No matter if it’s your fellow riders at Rocycle or your colleagues at work, being surrounded by people with shared goals and ideals will help you succeed in life whatever you try to do.
- #4. Our vibrant city. Amsterdam is a beautiful, incredible, inclusive city. Not everyone has the opportunity to co-exist in such a wonderful place.
- #5. Ready access to knowledge. As much as we sometimes crave a little bit of unplugging, the Internet and modern technology are pretty darn great. Everything you could ever want to know is essentially right at your fingertips. Take advantage of this and learn something new every single day!
- #6. Nature’s beauty. If you take a moment to look outside, you’ll see there is beauty absolutely everywhere. It could be the newly sprouting flowers in the Vondelpark or the cotton candy clouds that spread across the sky as you bike back home after your 7:00 A.M. ride. Nature is all around you, and so is beauty. Soak it up!