Girl Power. The playlist.
The phrase may have lost its lustre since the heyday of the Spice Girls, but the sentiment still stands. Women are strong, powerful and beautiful, and they should stick together to promote girl power! And whether you’re looking for the push to do something you’re scared of or simply want to revel in the glories of sisterhood, there are a million awesome songs out there to fit the situation. Are you ready to find your new anthem?
- #1. God is a Woman by Ariana Grande. Most empowering lyric: And I can be all the things you told me not to be / When you try to come for me, I keep on flourishing / And he see the universe when I’m in company / It’s all in me
- #2. Woman by Kesha. Most empowering lyric: I’m a mother*cking woman, baby, alright / I don’t need a man to be holding me too tight
- #3. I’m Every Woman by Chaka Khan. Most empowering lyric: I’m every woman, it’s all in me / Anything you want done, baby, I’ll do it naturally
- #4. Run the World (Girls) by Beyoncé. Most empowering lyric: Girls we run this motha, girls / Who run the world? / Girls
- #5. Independent Women by Destiny’s Child. Most empowering lyric: The watch I’m wearin’, I’ve bought it /The house I live in, I’ve bought it / The car I’m driving, I’ve bought it / I depend on me, I depend on me
- #6. Respect by Aretha Franklin. Most empowering lyric: What you want / Baby, I got it / What you need / Do you know I got it? / All I’m askin’ / Is for a little respect
- #7. You don’t own me by Lesley Gore. Most empowering lyric: I’m young and I love to be young / I’m free and I love to be free / To live my life the way I want / To say and do whatever I please
- #8. Stronger by Kelly Clarkson. Most empowering lyric: What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger / Stand a little taller / Doesn’t mean I’m lonely when I’m alone / What doesn’t kill you makes you a fighter / Footsteps even lighter / Doesn’t mean I’m over ‘cause you’re gone
- #9. Stronger by Britney Spears. Most empowering lyric: I’m not your property as from today, baby / You might think that I won’t make it on my own / But now I’m / Stronger than yesterday / Now it’s nothing by my way
- #10. Girl on Fire by Alicia Keys. Most empowering lyric: Looks like a girl, but she’s a flame / So bright, she can burn your eyes / Better look the other way / You can try but you’ll never forget her name / She’s on top of the world
Follow the playlist on Spotify! Tell us, what’s your anthem?