Kindness is cool.
It’s #1 of our Ro’rules: throw kindness around like confetti. After all, it’s cool to be kind. Thoughtful gestures and small acts of kindness may not seem so small to others; in fact, they can make an enormous difference in someone else’s day. And with World Kindness Day upon us, we’ve decided to draft up the Rocycle Kindness Contract.
If you think about it, kindness, like laughter, is contagious. If you start with a simple kind act, you will create a domino effect of kindness, as everyone pays it forward. With a positive chain reaction like that, we can strive to make the world just a little bit better.
Though we are all for grand gestures, there is absolutely nothing wrong with simple acts. Spreading kindness needn’t be a big or difficult thing. Think complimenting a friend or being gentle with yourself with an evening of self-care. The possibilities are endless.
When you agree to our Kindness Contract, you are vowing to perform at least one act of kindness in the coming week, big or small. You are also promising to encourage those around you to follow suit, In essence, you are building a kindness army, dedicated to the cause of spreading the love, and, as we all know, a little love goes a long way.
So, how can you do it? We’ll get the ball rolling with some simple, lovely acts of kindness.
- #1. Give up your seat on the tram with a smile.
- #2. Leave money on a vending machine for the next person.
- #3. Let someone go in front of you in line at your neighbourhood café.
- #4. Call that friend you haven’t spoken to in ages.
- #5. Treat your friend (and yourself) to a Ro’ride and an indulgent smoothie after class.
- #6. Hold open the door for someone.
- #7. Pack a lunch for one of your colleagues.
- #8. Tip generously.
- #9. Offer to take a photo for some tourists.
- #10. Send a letter to a friend.
- #11. Bring flowers to your housemate.
- #12. Recycle things you see in the street.
- #13. Give your umbrella to a stranger.
- #14. Compliment someone to their boss.
- #15. Let someone cross first on their bike. They’re probably in a hurry too!
What is your act of kindness? Tag us @rocyclestudios #actofkindness on Instagram Stories to get featured. Or fill in yours on our community pin-bord in our studios. Let’s set off a positive chain of kindness together.
See you on the bike! X