Our 5 favourite work spot hotspots
These days, it seems like every second person is working from home at least a few days a week. But just because it’s called ‘working from home’ doesn’t mean you actually have to set up shop in your living room.
If you’re looking for the ideal nook to nestle into for a long session of work (or studying!), there are actually tons of great spots in Amsterdam with comfortable chairs, free Wi-Fi and tasty snacks at hand to fuel you through the afternoon.
- #1. Zoku is one of those spots you just can’t help but adore. It is so bright and cosy that you might feel like you’re back at home. That is if your living room is also impossibly chic. If you powered through a Ro’ride this morning and want to keep on the healthy train, Zoku is perfect for you. They have healthy snacks to help you stay focused that you can enjoy in a number of little spots throughout the space. Zoku, Weesperstraat 105, livezoku.com.
- #2. Café de Jaren is a large, lovely space that seems almost purpose-built for work and study. Spread across two floors, Café de Jaren is kitted out with long tables with working desk lamps. This place is pumps out hot drinks relatively long into the evening, so it’s a great choice for those extra-long work sessions. Café de Jaren, Nieuwe Doelenstraat 20, http://www.cafedejaren.nl/en/.
- #3. T. Coffee & Coconuts was once a huge cinema complex back in the 1920s. Now, however, it is a beautiful café spread across several floors and a great place to get a bit of work done outside of the office. Make sure you order a snack here to give you energy, as the food is fantastic. C.T. Coffee & Coconuts, Ceintuurbaan 282-284, http://coffeeandcoconuts.com/.
- #4. Volkshotel may seem like just a hotel from the outside, but it was actually designed with all of you nomadic, remote workers in mind! Take advantage of the flex spots and free Wi-Fi or upgrade and book one of the work cabins for a bit of extra privacy. And the best part? The expert baristas are brewing up some of the smoothest and most delicious coffee in town. Volkshotel, Wibautstraat 150, https://www.volkshotel.nl/en/.
- #5. Anne & Max is like heaven for all you early birds, as you can start your working day early here – that is, if you consider 8:00 early! Fresh juices and energizing coffees are just an order away here to make that 3:00 P.M. slump more bearable. Anne & Max, Tollensstraat 57, https://annemax.nl/vestigingen/adam-oud-west/.
Looking for something even more intimate? We’ll let you in on a little secret. Later this summer, Soho House will open its doors at Spuistraat 210, so you better get your application in now for access to one of the best “home offices” you could imagine.