Rocycle Gift Guide 2018
It’s December already! Wait what?! It seems like just yesterday we were heading to the beach or finally, reluctantly donning a jacket to guard against crisper days, but somehow, the holidays are barrelling toward us at warp speed. At this point in the year you’ve survived about 250 days and countless Ro’rides. You’ve achieved new levels of fitness and reached your goals at work and in life. You’re ready to hit the holidays with energy and enthusiasm. And while you are probably ready with a perfect plan to keep fit over the festive season, you may have forgotten about one very important thing: presents!
Instead of rushing around on December 23, tossing socks and chocolate bars at frenzied cashiers, we have you covered. Check out our 2018 Ro’guide, complete with 12 healthy gifts for 12 healthy days of Christmas.
- #1. Beauty is skin deep. So we’ve talked you through how to get the perfect post-Ro’ride holiday glow. With just a few simple steps, you can have skin as clear and mesmerising as a kerstbal. Wondering which products we love to achieve this enviable glow? Herbivore makes products that will infinitely covetable and look as great on your counter as they make your skin look. We particularly like the Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist and the Jasmine Green Tea Balancing Toner. All their products are made of the finest natural ingredients and are 100% vegan and gluten-free.
- #2. The ABCs of CBD. If you live in Amstserdam (or really, if you live in the western world) you’ve probably heard about the myriad benefits of CBD oil. For those who want to reap all the healing benefits like better sleep and pain reduction without having to… you know… smoke weed, we suggest picking up some sleek and effective CBD Oil from MRBL. Not into the oil itself? Vertly has got CBD-based healing salves, body butter and more.
- #3. The life cycle. Hey, it’s just not possible to make a healthy gift guide without suggesting a gift card to Rocycle! You can go ahead and book two spots, one for your BFF or partner and one for you, to ensure that they are as enthusiastic as you are.
- #4. Into the wild. If you have a bud with a green thumb (or simply know someone who could use the beneficial effects of having some green around the house), why not buy a beautiful hanging planter and glass spray bottle to help them keep their urban jungle in tip top shape. Wildernis also offers workshops for the friend who wants to learn all the ins and outs of gardening.
- #5. Clean spree. Does your brother always complain of post-holiday bloat? Give him the gift of a clean bill of digestive health with a 1, 3 or 5 day cleanse from the Cold Pressed Juicery. If he’s not ready for a full-on cleanse, you can always add some money to his account at TCPJ so he can grab a post-Ro’ride smoothie when the mood strikes.
- #6. Get into gear. For the true Ro’fanatic on your gift list this year, there’s no better present than a bit of Rocycle swag. Your colleague will love a Rocycle sweatshirt she can slip on before she cycles to class, and your neighbour won’t be able to resist popping his Ro’cap on when he heads for a run in the Vondelpark this winter.
- # 7. When she’s a gem. If your girlfriend is as precious to you as a gem, then why not get her a healing quartz water bottle. The beautiful crystals in each of the water bottles will bring anything from love to physical protection to insight and luck. Choose the crystal based off what she is looking for coming into the new year.
- #8. The final straw. Have a dad who’s a true friend of the environment, hoping to save the planet one sip at a time? Get him a set of sleek, reusable stainless steel straws. That way, every time he indulges in his favourite green juice, he’ll think of you.
- #9. Let it all soak in. For any member of your fit-fam, it’s helpful if you remind them that rest is just as important as work. Gift them a luscious muscle soak from Molton Brown that will help them relax and soothe their over-worked muscles.
- #10. Mix it up. This year, you may really want to spoil your mom, as she does deserve the best after all. Because she loves to make soups and smoothies at home – often for you when you drop by – we suggest giving her the best blender around. That way, her smoothies will be extra creamy and delicious.
- #11. Stay in touch. If you’re struggling for what to pick up for your running buddy for Christmas this year, we’ve got just the thing! Get him a pair of touch screen running gloves so he can keep his hands warm while he texts you to let you know he’s running late for your Thursday evening jog in the Westerpark.
- #12. A matcha made in heaven. Stocking stuffers can be some of the toughest things to buy, particularly if you want to give something other than candy. Grab a couple cans of Oatly’s organic, vegan matcha lattes for the caffeine friend in your life. We promise we won’t tell if you keep a few for yourself.