The Lockdown Lowdown: What to Do!
There may still be a lockdown, and we may have a curfew. But that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy ourselves and make the most of the time we have. As most of us are still working from home, we have more free time on our hands, and here at Rocycle, we want to use it wisely.
Rather than sit at home bingeing Succession (again) or wishing we could travel somewhere warm, we’ve made a little to-do list. A fun one, of course. So, let’s work our way through it together. We’ve got no time to waste!
- Power up. We can’t get back on the bike in the studio just yet, but we can definitely prepare ourselves for the day we reopen. We’ve subscribed to Rolive to focus on strength training, boxing and yoga to keep in tip-top shape over the next couple months.
- Become culture vultures. While we’d love to spend a few hours wandering through our favourite museums in the city, we’ll have to wait a little bit longer. Until then, we’re taking advantage of the wonderful virtual tours offered by museums like the Rijksmuseum and the Stedelijk.
- Raise the bar.Since we’re spending so much time at home, we thought it would be fun to bring the bar to us. We’re gathering together with loved ones (from afar) to take a virtual cocktail masterclass. That way we’re prepared to be the best hosts ever once regulations loosen.
- Tour de France…ahem Amsterdam. Forget Lance Armstrong. We’re takin gour city by storm. We’ve ordered a couple different explorer kits from Tassie to find the best hidden gems and see the city with new eyes.
- Not-quite-spring cleaning. It may still be winter (hello, snow!), but spring is just around the corner. Get a handle on the organising madness ahead of time with a serious closet-clearout. Order bags from Sellpy and send them any unwanted pieces. They’ll sort through everything, sell the good stuff and donate or recycle the bad. They take a small portion of the profits, but you can put the rest in the bank for a rainy day.
- Invest in ourselves. Since we’ve got loads of time, we thought we’d spend some of it focusing on ourselves. We’re working our way through a few fantastic books to make personal growth a priority this lockdown. Are you with us?
- Home run. We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again: our homes have become the places we spend 99.9% of our time, so let’s make them gezellig. In addition to doing a nice deep-clean, we’re going to spend time finding special pieces to make our houses more personal and taking tips from Fest to really Feel Good at home.