JOB DESCRIPTION TALENT TEAM MANAGER (40HRS)
It is an exciting time to join the Rocycle team. We are looking for a passionate and ambitious individual who strives for excellence and wants to build the best instructor talent team. An experienced leader in a high performance environment who is a centered individual and well organised.
You have complete authority over the running and functioning of the instructors team. You will be responsible for the day to day activities and guidance of the team (80+ people), including all managerial activities to achieve and support growth and company goals. This includes planning, organizing, motivation and overall leadership of the department. You will hire and work closely with the instructors and coaches, other Heads of Department and will report directly to the COO.
- Full ownership of the organisation of the department, including recruitment, training, development and performance for both the Netherlands and our first international locations
- Responsible for department budgets
- Build successful and high performing teams by selecting the best talent and giving the team all the tools and training to reach excellence
- Offer opportunities for self-development
- Ensure that all members understand the teams objectives and work together to achieve it
- Support instructors internally to represent instructors interest and career growth
- Assist with any issues team members may have
- Make sure team capacity for each studio is sufficient at all times by effective forecasting and planning
- Work closely with recruitment and hr department to ensure recruitment, contract management and communication between all parties run smoothly for your team
- Visit studios monthly to connect and build relationships with instructors and coaches
- Make sure instructor tools and equipment are of the highest standard and up to date with latest technology
- Make processes and guidelines for the team to ensure health and safety requirements are met
- Work closely with Head Coach and Operations team to ensure excellence can be achieved
- Monitor and analyse instructors performance and feedback with the aim of helping team members to reach their potential
- Actively guide, train and coach your team by conducting monthly and yearly feedback sessions
- Attend and prepare monthly, quarterly meetings with HODs and management team
- Keep the administration and other instructor department files up to date
- Lead by example and be a true rocycle ambassador
- 3-5+ years of experience managing talent
- A proactive and creative mind with the ability to suggest improvements
- Hands-on, positive and proactive attitude with excellent communication skills
- A born leader, that puts the team first and is supportive and protective
- Must be extremely organised and have strong attention to detail with the ability to execute quickly
- Must be natural leader with proven track record of having built successful relationships/teams
- Ability to motivate a team and help them succeed and must have the ability to utilize discretion
- Proven problem-solving skills and flexibility in fast-changing organization
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Must have a flexible schedule and be reachable for emergencies
- Experienced in working with platforms and tools, like Excel, Google Drive, Asana etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English), Dutch and German is an advantage
- Available to travel frequently in The Netherlands and to Germany
What we can offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours and autonomy in making decisions
- 30 days holiday allowance
- Multiple benefits for example partner discounts, free rocycle classes
- Broaden your skill set with access to additional training or workshops
- Being part of a growing international fitness & lifestyle brand
- A happy and healthy work environment
To be the champion of fitness by inspiring, challenging and entertaining our community. We do this by providing them with an uplifting full body and mind high intensity work-out. Motivating them through movement, music and words, getting them fired up for their day. We deliver an experience that adds value to people’s life both mentally and physically.
About the Team
The team (250+ people) consists of dynamic, open-minded individuals all coming from different backgrounds, age groups and countries. We have opportunities for people in our team to join groups that stand up for people in our community. The team also enjoys taking classes at our studios and joining in on activities together.
Rocycle is an independent fitness company with a sincere hospitality touch. We have 6 operating studios in The Netherlands and about to expand into Europe with first openings in Germany.
Our classes run all day long – from sunup to after sundown – 7 days a week. Pre Booking available online or in our app. We are a pay as you go studio. We don’t do contracts or hidden fees. You only pay for the classes that you actually use. The studio has everything you could want and need included with every class: cycling shoes, workout towels on your bike or mat, luxurious, hotel-style towels and amenities in the changing rooms, and showers stocked with Zenology’s organic care products.
Please send your resume and motivation with your vision for this role to our Talent Acquisition Manager, Lyssa Hoogenboom at email@example.com.